Why Public and Media Relations?
The online Graduate Certificate in Public and Media Relations prepares graduates and communication professionals to excel in the latest skills in digital platforms, tools, and techniques.
There is growing demand for communication professionals with digital media skills and a strategic perspective on brand and reputation management. The Graduate Certificate in Public and Media Relations will prepare communication professionals who focus on external stakeholders for the challenges of a rapidly changing industry. This program focuses on developing strategic communication plans, crafting compelling messages, and performing audience research, while preparing students with the latest skills in digital platforms, tools, and techniques, and other skills that are needed to excel in the public and media relations industry. Courses in this program also serve as a concentration in Master of Science in Corporate and Organizational Communication.
- Choose from elective courses covering a range of topics on digital era skills
- Courses from this certificate can be applied toward the Master of Science in Corporate and Organizational Communication
- Online program design provides flexibility and interactive experience for working professionals
- Equip graduates with the knowledge and skills to design and produce public and media relations campaigns using written materials, social media, audio, video, and web-based tools.
- Learn how to identify and anticipate audience behavior and expectations using primary and secondary research methods.
- Strategically design, implement, and evaluate campaigns that support organizational performance.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of public relations specialists and managers will grow by 12% and 13%, respectively.
What you'll study
Complete three of the following:
This program requires successful completion of a minimum of 18 credit hours that meet the degree requirements.